The Community Chest has a variety of opportunities for donors to direct their giving towards particular programs of interest:
The Cornerstone Fund was initiated in 1995 in memory of founding member Franklin Johnson. The Cornerstone Fund addresses the immediate needs of local agencies that arise outside of the Annual Campaign Fund allocations process and has provided financing on innovative projects and initiatives such as:
- Establishing, in partnership with the Town of Concord, a Community Service Coordinator for residents and families in crisis
- Creating, in partnership with the Towns of Concord and Carlisle, a Youth Services Coordinator who coordinates and promotes positive youth behavior, resources and opportunities.
- Funding a pilot program at CCHS designed to reduce stress, increase resiliency and promote mindfulness.
- Building a skate park for safe youth recreation
- Funding a high school and middle school teacher-student mentoring program
Field of Interest Funds
Field of Interest Funds allow individuals to target a specific need that they would like to address within the community. The establishment of the fund requires a minimum gift of $10,000. These funds are dispersed outside the regular grant allocations process.
When In Need Fund
The When in Need Fund (WIN) provides one-time, emergency funding for individuals or families in crisis. Cases are referred by the Community Outreach Coordinator, the Concord and Carlisle Police Departments or the Concord-Carlisle Public Schools. Examples of recent WIN Fund projects include:
- Secured funding for temporary housing for a homeless resident
- Paid a rent bill for a resident suffering a medical crisis and unable to pay
- Provided a public transportation pass to enable a resident to get to work
- Paid a heating bill for a struggling resident who lost her job
- Funded emergency dental surgery for a young resident
The Scholarship Fund provides summer camp funding for Concord and Carlisle children who would otherwise not be able to afford the experience. In 2014, the Scholarship Fund provided camp scholarships for 12 children.
Community Impact Fund
The Community Impact Fund provides funding for initiatives that benefit our communities as a whole. The Community Chest recently contributed towards a vest and ongoing care for Concord’s K9 Police Unit.
Donors may also designate their gifts towards a particular program supported by the annual campaign.
Please contact the Community Chest office at (978)369-5250 for additional information regarding targeted giving.