CONCORD-CARLISLE COMMUNITY CHEST
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR of the CONCORD CARLISLE COMMUNITY CHEST
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the operation, growth and development of the Community Chest, and for professional leadership of the organization in a manner that supports the mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
ROLE SPECIFICS: 20 – 25 hours per week
- FUNDRAISING AND ENGAGEMENT
- Ensure the success of the annual fundraising campaign and all extended development efforts in partnership with the Associate Director and the Board
- Specific responsibility for major donor stewardship and major gift solicitation
- AGENCY RELATIONSHIPS
- Build relationships with the funded agencies and flag any opportunities/concerns for the Board
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- Promote the work of the Concord-Carlisle Community Chest by building relationships between CCCC and community entities, businesses, volunteers and overseers.
- Represent and serve as spokesperson for the CCCC to general public, special constituencies, potential donors, and other organizations or businesses.
- Seek ways the CCCC can identify and address unmet needs in the community
- Work with President, Executive Committee and Board to coordinate work of Board committees, and develop goals and long-range vision/planning.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee staff operations to implement programs and activities within framework of Board policies and approved budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent outreach, communication and public speaking skills
- Experience in fundraising with proven success, specifically in major giving and gift solicitation
- Familiarity with the workings of non-profit institutions
- Strong project management skills and leadership skills
- Passionate, organized, collaborative, thoughtful, and interested in Human Services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other development databases a plus
To apply for the role, please send a resume, cover letter and your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is June 26, 2017
No phone calls please.