The Community Chest is looking for a community-minded individual to join our team! The Associate Director plays an integral role in the communications and fundraising for the organization.
The Concord-Carlisle Community Chest engages our community to compassionately and actively advance the well-being of Concord and Carlisle residents by supporting a broad range of human service organizations. Through annual fundraising, events, and grant allocation process, the Community Chest understands the needs of the community and marshalls local resources to support nonprofits and continue to make our towns vibrant places to live.
The Associate Director will be responsible for managing and implementing Community Chest marketing and communications, and for implementing and supporting the fundraising and event activities of the Chest. Ideal candidate is willing to work collaboratively with staff and board to continue to make the Community Chest a visible and regarded institution in the community. The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director.
Status: Exempt position, 24 hours per week
Marketing, Communications and Outreach
- Work with the Engagement Committee and the ED to develop a campaign plan, fundraising campaign and marketing/events plans as needed
- Write and edit Chest communications – both in print and electronic – in coordination with the ED
- Serve as a member and liaison to the Engagement Committee
- Strategize communication around press releases in local papers, Chest newsletter, email blasts, web content and social media
- Work with the ED to develop and write content for the Annual Report.
- In conjunction with the Engagement Committee, compose campaign, LYBUNT, donor letters and thank you letters
- In conjunction with the Engagement Committee and Event Chairs, plan and develop event communication goals and templates for future events
- Assist the Board committee with event marketing (email, Facebook, PR, etc.), mailing of invitations, manage RSVP’s and registration for:
- Women’s Luncheon, Adventures, Spring Event and holiday gift drive
- Oversee all constituent record keeping and be responsible for fundraising analysis and analytics
- Implement campaign strategy around segmentation guidelines
- Prepare grant proposals and final reports as needed
- Create campaign letters and mailing lists for annual campaign and coordinate with printers and mail house
- Create donor lists for Annual Report
- Work with ED, designer and printer to prepare Annual Report
- Cultivate and steward donors and prospective donors with ED
- Keep ED apprised of fund requests and act as liaison with Board committees to evaluate requests
- Bachelor’s Degree, 5-7 years work experience or equivalent, particularly in the areas of marketing and fundraising
- Familiarity with the Concord and Carlisle communities, essential
- Understanding and experience with nonprofits important
- Strong communication skills in writing
- Fundraising experience, particularly with annual fund focus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with databases, in particular Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent organizational and collaborative skills
- Multi-tasking ability and interest in working in a small office environment
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2017.