The Community Chest offers several options for donors to direct their charitable support towards the community. In addition to our annual campaign we offer targeted giving which enables donors to address specific needs in our community.
The Concord Together Business Fund is a short-term disaster relief grant program which will further charitable purposes by providing emergency funding to small businesses in Concord distressed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This program has been funded through the efforts of Concord Together, a collaboration of local business and community leaders working to protect, promote, and preserve Concord’s historic business districts through the COVID-19 crisis. Concord Together aims to assist vulnerable small businesses through financial support, capacity building, access to a range of resources, and by encouraging town-wide patronage and support of the shops, restaurants, and tourist destinations that are a key part of the community’s economy and historic and cultural heritage.
To donate in support of Concord’s small business community, contact 978-369-5250.
To apply for a Concord Together Business Grant, click here.
Field of Interest Funds
Field of Interest Funds allow individuals to target a specific need that they would like to address within the community. Donors may establish a new fund with a minimum gift of $10,000 or contribute to an existing fund. These funds are dispersed outside the regular Grant Allocations process. Existing Field of Interest Funds include:
When In Need Fund
The When in Need Fund (WIN) provides one-time, emergency funding for individuals or families in crisis. The Community Chest works closely with the Community Outreach Coordinator, Concord Council on Aging, Carlisle Council on Aging, and other community agencies on case referral. Examples of recent WIN Fund support include:
- Secured funding for temporary housing for a homeless resident
- Paid a rent bill for a resident suffering a medical crisis and unable to pay
- Provided a public transportation pass to enable a resident to get to work
- Paid a heating bill for a struggling resident who lost her job
- Funded emergency dental surgery for a young resident
The Scholarship Fund provides summer camp funding for Concord and Carlisle children who would otherwise not be able to afford the camp experience. In 2019, the Scholarship Fund provided camp scholarships for 10 children.
The Cornerstone Fund was initiated in 1995 in memory of founding Community Chest member Franklin Johnson. The Cornerstone Fund addresses needs of local nonprofits, specifically for youth and elderly, as they arise and has provided financing on innovative projects and initiatives such as:
- Establishing, in partnership with the Town of Concord, a Community Service Coordinator for residents and families in crisis
- Creating, in partnership with the Towns of Concord and Carlisle, a Youth Services Coordinator who coordinates and promotes positive youth behavior, resources and opportunities.
- Funding a pilot program at CCHS designed to reduce stress, increase resiliency and promote mindfulness.
- Building a skate park for safe youth recreation
- Funding a high school and middle school teacher-student mentoring program